1. Pepsi Throwback (All-Cane Sugar formula)
2. Replacements: "Takin' a Ride"
3. Comics Symposium of Chicago (SAIC)
4. Quimby's reading 3/12/10
5. Chicago Zine Fest! Awesome!
6. Kicking Aaron Renier's Packer-loving ass.
7. AK Comics, Beloit, Wis., et al.
8. Visiting old friends, and seeing old places: Fred, Al Stark, Kate, Frank Kurtz
9. Sitting with Myoyu Roshi, Myoshinji, Monroe, Wis.
10. Metropolis, Ill. at two AM.
11. Cairo, Ill. in the early morning
13. SUN STUDIOS!
14. ERNEST TUBB RECORD STORE, Nashville
15. COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME, Nashville
16. Hitting up all three Great Escape comix shops in one hour, Nashville
17. Oxford Comics, Atlanta
18. Criminal Records, Atlanta
19. Sweetwater Branch Inn, Gainesville FL: The nicest place I've ever lived!
20. Gainesville in General
21. Standing under the overhang waiting out the rain, with Dan; Gainesville
22. Lake Alice at night
23. Alligator hunting with Travis and Meredith
24. Hanging out with Mom and Dad Oh (Rainbow River Fla.)
(This place really exists!)
25. SCAD, Savannah GA
26. Honey's Salon, Athens GA
27. Bizarro Wuxtry!!!
(They haven't opened yet, ed.)
28. R.E.M. History tour (P.O. Box, HQ, Church, etc)
29. HOLLIS FAMOUS RIBS, Athens GA: The best meal I've ever had
(Photo by Hollis)
30. Birmingham at night
31. Elvis' Birthplace, Tupelo MS
(John P. and Bobbie the Hostess, in the room where Elvis was born)
32. Howard at Tupelo Hardware
(Elvis bought his first guitar here, when he was ten years old)
33. Cats at Drew's place, NOLA
(JP and NOLA host Drew, up on the abandoned supermarket roof)
34. Bayou Country, Louisiana
35. Red Rice and Beans and Crawfish, Lake Arthur, LA
36. Domy Books, Houston
37. Sam and Tim and Holliday's place, Houston
38. Austin Books & Comics, Austin TX -- AMAZING SHOP!
(JP at ABC signing)
39. Seeing Lainie for the first time in 15 years
40. Domy Books, Austin!
41. Congress Ave. Bats, Austin TX
(Those squidges are some of the 1.5 million bats that emerge from under the bridge every night at dusk)
42. Dr. Pepper Bottling Plant and Museum, Waco TX
43. Titan Comics, Dallas
44. Texas Steak Hunt, Dallas
45. Driving around OKC with Joey
46. Faygo Rock 'n' Rye
47. Atomik Pop, Norman OK!
48. Cain's Ballroom, Tulsa
(JP in the Cain's Ballroom front office, AKA Heaven)
49. Wichita BBQ
50. Getting back home at 1:30 AM
(All photos by Dan Stafford, except where noted)